Understanding the Basics
- Retirement: A Lifestyle Choice
- Myths of Retirement Planning
- Retirement Sources of Income: The Three-Legged Stool
- The Case for Pre-Tax Savings
- Basic Retirement Guidelines
- Inflation: The Incredible Shrinking Monster
- Big Picture Preview
- Calculating Your Personal Retirement Assets
- Beyond the Basics: Bulletproofing Your Savings
- Saving More for Retirement
- Making Up the Shortfall
- Simple Tax-Advantaged Planning Strategies To Consider
Big Picture Preview
Here are the key considerations for developing your retirement planning strategy:
- Financial Foundation. Do you have an adequate emergency fund? Will your insurance coverage be enough so you don't have to depend on your retirement funds in case of death, serious illness, or unexpected disaster?
- The Cost. How much money will you need to retire? Will it be enough to maintain your present standard of living? What effect will inflation have on your retirement savings?
- Sources of Income. Where will the money come from? What can you count on from Social Security and your pension? To what extent will you have to rely on your personal savings?
- Savings. How much will you have to save monthly? What if you have other financial priorities? When is the best time to start making contributions?
- Funding the Plans. What if your present contributions come up short? How can you find the money today to fund your future income needs?
- Retirement Plans. Where are the best places to put your retirement contributions? Are company plans better than IRAs? Should you ever consider an annuity?
- Managing Your Money. How can you make your money work as hard as you do? Can you keep your money safe while trying to get a higher rate of return? Should you keep your money in growth investments?
- Designing Your Retirement. If you're less than five years away from retirement, you might want to do more in-depth planning. What will your retirement lifestyle be like? Do you plan on working part-time or traveling to far-off lands? Will your expenses be higher or lower than they currently are?
Investment and insurance products and services are offered through INFINEX INVESTMENTS Member FINRA/SIPC. River Financial Services is a trademark name of the bank. Infinex and the bank are not affiliated. Products and services made available through Infinex are not insured by the FDIC or any other agency of the United States and are not deposits or obligations of nor guaranteed or insured by any bank or bank affiliate. These products are subject to investment risk, including possible loss of value.